The incredible cost savings of Internet telephone service isn't limited only to those with IP phones. Formerly part of the Linksys Voice System (LVS), now part of Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and ATAs, the PAP2T offers the benefits of high-quality voice over IP (VoIP) without the need to upgrade your existing analog phones.
The PAP2T features two standard analog, fax-friendly telephone ports which operate as separate lines, complete with individual phone numbers. All the features you've come to expect are here, such as call waiting, caller ID, voicemail, and more. It's easy to select your preferred free local-dialing area code, or even add a virtual number from anywhere to be forwarded to your Internet phone.
For faxing, we recommend the SPA-2102 which supports the new T.38 faxing protocol.
- Two ports to connect existing analog phones or a PBX system
- Independent configuration of each line
- Support CallerID, Call Waiting, Distinctive Ring
We support automatic provisioning of almost all Cisco/Linksys SPA-series devices. Provisioning instructions:
- Connect the adapter's Ethernet port to your Internet connection
- Connect a telephone to line 1
- Connect power to adapter and wait 15 seconds
- Pick up the phone (there will be no dial tone) and dial ****
- At the menu, enter option 110# and listen to the IP address
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network, and enter the IP address obtained in the previous step in the address bar
- You should see a Linksys configuration page. Click Admin on top right, then click Advanced.
- On the Provisioning tab, enter the following into the Profile Rule field:
- Press the Submit All Changes button at the end of the page and let the adapter reboot. Your adapter will upgrade and provision itself in a minute or two and you will have a dial tone. Do not unplug the adapter until complete.