Although recently discontinued, this device is a great bargain. It's feature-rich, reliable and cost-effective. Is this why it was discontinued?
Many vendors still carry this device. If you only need a single phone line, we highly recommend getting a SPA-1001 while you still can.
For faxing, we recommend the SPA-2102 as it supports the new T.38 faxing protocol.
- Ultra small and portable
- Support CallerID, Call Waiting, Distinctive Ring
We support automatic provisioning of almost all Cisco/Linksys SPA-series devices. Provisioning instructions:
- Connect adapter's Ethernet port to your Internet connection
- Connect a telephone
- Connect power to adapter and wait 15 seconds
- Pick up the phone (there will be no dial tone) and dial ****
- At the menu, enter option 110# and listen to the IP address
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network, and enter the IP address obtained in the previous step in the address bar
- You should see a Linksys configuration page. Click Admin on top right, then click Advanced.
- On the Provisioning tab, enter the following into the Profile Rule field:
- Click the Submit All Changes button at the end of the page and let the adapter reboot. Your adapter will upgrade and provision itself in a minute or two and you will have a dial tone. Do not unplug the phone until complete.