There's no need to replace your analog telephones just because you want to refresh your phone system. Formerly part of the Linksys Voice System (LVS), now part of Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and ATAs, the SPA2102 phone adapter with router connects standard analog phones or fax machines to an IP-based data network.
With the SPA2102 users are able to protect and extend their investment in telephones, conference speakerphones, and fax machines, as well as control their migration to IP with an affordable and reliable solution. The enhanced and cost-effective benefits of voice over IP (VoIP) service require only a broadband connection to the Internet.
- Two ports to connect existing analog phones or fax machines, or to a PBX system
- Two RJ45 Ethernet interfaces (LAN-WAN) to connect to a home or office LAN, as well as an Ethernet connection for a broadband modem or router (WAN)
- Independent configuration of each line
- Support CallerID, Call Waiting, Distinctive Ring
- Supports T.38 and in-audio faxing
We support automatic provisioning of almost all Cisco/Linksys SPA-series devices. Provisioning instructions:
- Connect adapter's Internet (blue) port to your Internet connection.
- Connect a computer to adapter's Ethernet (yellow) port (may be disconnected later).
- Connect power to adapter and wait 15 seconds.
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the adapter, and enter the http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- You should see a Linksys configuration page. Click Admin on top right, then click Advanced.
- On the Provisioning tab, enter the following into the Profile Rule field:
- Press the Submit All Changes button at the end of the page and let the adapter reboot. Your adapter will upgrade and provision itself in a minute or two and you will have a dial tone. Do not unplug the phone until complete.
- You may disconnect the computer from the yellow Ethernet port, or keep using it to share your Internet connection.