Four active lines and dual switched Ethernet ports offer incredible flexibility to the home or small-business Internet telephony user.
Need more lines? Take a look at the SPA508G (8 lines) and SPA525 (5 lines with color screen).
This phone the newer version of the discontinued Linksys SPA-942 phone.
It offers an improved speaker phone, HD-voice and secure calling support.
Up to two, 32-button attendant consoles (SPA500S) can be connected to this phone.
Each button can be used as a speed dial and/or extension state indicator, making this phone a good choice for receptionists.
- Speakerphone, caller ID, call hold, transfer, conferencing, and more
- A high-resolution graphical backlit display
- 2.5 mm headset port
- Easy installation and secure remote provisioning
- HD voice and secure calling
- Power other Ethernet (POE) support
- Second Ethernet port for pass through and daisy chaining
This phone requires a POE-switch or an external power adapter (PA-101), which is sold separately.
We support automatic provisioning of almost all Cisco/Linksys SPA-series devices. Provisioning instructions:
- Connect phone to your network using the WAN port (middle)
- If your network does not support POE, connect a power adapter to the phone
- Press the settings button (below envelope button), choose option 9 and note current IP address
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network, and enter the phone's IP address in the address bar
- You should see a Linksys Phone configuration page. Click Admin on top right, then click Advanced.
- On the Provisioning tab, enter the following into the Profile Rule field:
- Press the Submit All Changes button at the end of the page and let the phone reboot. Your phone will upgrade and provision itself in a minute or two. Do not unplug the phone until complete.