Four active lines and dual switched Ethernet ports offer incredible flexibility to the home or small-business Internet telephony user.
Formerly part of the Linksys Voice System (LVS), now part of Cisco Small Business IP Phone Series, the SPA942 IP Phone can be configured
to carry a unique phone number or extension for each of its lines, or can be configured to use a shared number over multiple phones.
This phone is similar to the SPA-941 phone with these key differences: backlit display, Power over Ethernet (POE) support, and second Ethernet port for pass through.
- Speakerphone, caller ID, call hold, transfer, conferencing, and more
- A high-resolution graphical backlit display
- 2.5 mm headset port
- Easy installation and secure remote provisioning
- Power other Ethernet (POE) support
- Second Ethernet port for pass through and daisy chaining
For non-POE installation, a separate power adapter is required (PA-101).
We support automatic provisioning of almost all Cisco/Linksys SPA-series devices. Provisioning instructions:
- Connect phone to your network using the WAN port (middle)
- If your network does not support POE, connect a power adapter to the phone
- Press the settings button (below envelope button), choose option 9 and note current IP address
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network, and enter the phone's IP address in the address bar
- You should see a Linksys Phone configuration page. Click Admin on top right, then click Advanced.
- On the Provisioning tab, enter the following into the Profile Rule field:
- Press the Submit All Changes button at the end of the page and let the phone reboot. Your phone will upgrade and provision itself in a minute or two. Do not unplug the phone until complete.